**DATE CORRECTION** The next meeting is Friday, March 4, 2011.
Please note the following updates for the Sagehen Collaborative Project:
1) With significant help from Scott Conway (USFS, Truckee Ranger District) the Meeting Planning Committee has compiled a list of issues, questions, concerns and ideas raised since May 2010. The list is attached here as a series of excel spreadsheets. Please note there are four (4) worksheets. The first spreadsheet is an explanation of the other three.
Download spreadsheets - Excel, 48K (right-click and save file).
Download as PDF - 316K
Please feel free to send feedback to me on the issues, definitions, dispositions, et al. Please know we welcome and appreciate your feedback.
2) A subgroup has been working on collecting and calibrating historic and current vegetation and habitat data. The group has made significant progress and has developed a set of maps along with a DRAFT set of goals and preliminary treatment approaches.
To most effectively review both the issues list (#1 above) and the vegetation and habitat data (#2 above) we would like to meet in person with stakeholders. The weather during the meeting scheduled for this Friday, 2/18/2011 is forecasted to be a fairly heavy snow storm, so we have postponed the meeting to March 4, 2011.
If the weather is difficult for travel on March 4, 2011, we will go ahead with the meeting with conference call and web-based presentation capabilities.
The Stakeholder Meeting scheduled for February 18, 2011 has been move to March 4, 2011.
SAVE THE DATE:
March 4, 2011
10:00am – 3:00pm
USFS Truckee Ranger District
- Review the list of issues/ideas
- Review Vegetation and Habitat Data and Maps, goals and treatment approaches
- Brainstorm of treatments and prescriptions
Thank you again for your interest in the Sagehen Collaborative Project and for your patience with the meeting re-scheduling.
PS – again, we welcome and appreciate any feedback on the issues list prior to March 3, 2011.
Truckee River Watershed Council
P.O. Box 8568
Truckee, CA 96162
(530) 550-8760 (Phone)
(530) 725-4407 (fax)