The NFF "Treasured Landscapes, Unforgettable Experiences" campaign is "working to restore our damaged forests and restore Americans connection to these public lands."
Conservation campaign work will take place on keystone sites, which NFF has carefully selected based on conservation need and values. A section of the Truckee River watershed beginning at Lake Tahoe has just been added to the list of keystone sites.
The Foundation formed a Local Coordinating Council to advise them on how to proceed with the conservation work.
Local Coordinating Council Members
It appears that the Sagehen Forest Project will feature prominently, with the Sagehen basin treatment model to be replicated at a number of additional locations within the keystone site, including parcels of both public and private land.
- Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit – Jeff Marsolais
- Sagehen / UC Berkeley – Jeff Brown
- Science community – Malcom North
- Sierra Business Council – TBD
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy – TBD, Kim Carr or Bob Kingman
- Tahoe RCD – Kim Gorman
- Tahoe Conservancy – Patrick Wright
- Tahoe National Forest – Joanne Roubique and Eli Ilano
- Trout Unlimited, Feather River Chapter – Bill Copren / Cindy Noble (alternate)
- Truckee Donner Land Trust – Perry Norris
- Truckee River Watershed Council – Lisa Wallace
Download meeting notes (PDF-225K).